Carnelian is an orange-colored variety of Chalcedony, a mineral in the Quartz family. This stone sup[ports and works with the first three chakras, aiding in the increase of physical energy, personal power, and creativity. It is a stone often recommended for fertility issues as it activates the Sacral chakra, and is said to be a grounding stone. It is found primarily in India, as well as various sits in South America. Is it recorded that this was a stone of royalty, and many noblemen were buried with Carnelian. It is also said that Carnelian was one of the stones that was used in the breastplate of the high priest.
- In ancient times, Carnelian was believed to give the wearer courage in battle and to give timid speakers become both eloquent and bold. Today it is seen as a stone that supports qualities of leadership and courage
- The energy of Carnelian is a favorable with respect to cleansing negativity from other stones. When directed, it provides for a clearing action while directing any negative energy, which is in the area, toward the light of transmutation.
- It can assist one in drama and in pursuits related to theatrical presentations.
- Carnelian is also known as Sard
- Carnelian has a long and storied past, and was once considered strictly the property of the noble class. People holding high social statuses were often buried with this gem stone.
- In Egypt it was worn by master architects to shw their rank of builder.
- Carnelian clarifies the voice. It is the Singer’s Stone.
- Carnelian is traditionally known to guard against falling masonry and accidents with tools. Today is guards the home from theft, fire, storm or accident.
Brings an influx of life force, sexual and creative energies; great to use when one needs to take major action, lends courage to move forward and dedicate oneself to a new path; protects against envy and fear.