An Alkali Feldspar mineral
Zodiac: Virgo, although often Leo & Aries have an affinity for it
Chakras: Heart, Throat
Found: Exists all over the world, but most common in Brazil, Colorado, India, Madagascar, Namibia, and Russia.
Courage ~ Truth
A soothing stone for the nerves and brain paths, Amazonite brings about a sense of peace and harmony within the self, and with those around you.
Considered a stone of hope, courage and truth, as it opens the throat, heart, and solar plexus. It allows one to speak one’s truth from the heart without becoming overemotional, and then be able to have the compassion and ability to hear the other person’s perspective and see their point of view, therefore truly achieving harmony.
This also happens when using the stone for self-work, helping one to understand all their different desires and motivations, and seeing all the facets of one’s personality; how each can impact the other, and how to work with them together.
Also is also very empowering for use in manifesting one’s dreams and desires, and is most powerful and magnified when those manifestations are spoken aloud. Using Amazonite in dream, journeying or meditation helps you to see and understand the symbols/messages you may receive, and trust that they are coming from a place of truth and compassion.
Amazonite is wonderful for self-expression and communication in all forms. It also helps to reduce self-damaging behavior, encourage self-respect, grace, and becoming more self-assured. It helps boost leadership skills, and increase healthy traits of the more masculine energies. This could also be a wonderful stone for artists of all types as it helps one to distill raw information to use for self-expression. It allows one to filter information while tapping into the flow of your intuition.
It is also said to be a great stone for prosperity, and especially beneficial in new business ventures.
- Said to have come from the “Land of Women,” its name comes from the Amazon River in Brazil where there are important deposits
- Called the “Stone of Courage” as it was believed to have adorned the Amazonian women’s shields.
- A Brazilian legend says that the Amazon women would gift green stones, believed to be Amazonite, to the men who visited.
- It is a stone that has been used in jewelry for thousands of years in India, Egypt, Sudan and Mesopotamia.
- The seventh chapter of the Egyptian Book of the Dead, “The Judgment of Osiris,” was engraved on Amazonite, and also found in King Tut’s tomb in many pieces of jewelry and adornment, including his gold mask.
- Because of its association with strong women, it is believed to help protect from and conquer sexism in your environment
- Said to attract good luck