Birds Eye Rhyolite
Bird’s Eye Rhyolite
Change ~ Meditation
Bird’s Eye Rhyollite, a jasper, lights the fire of creativity within the soul, bringing to fruition the quests upon which one has longed to travel. It aids in bringing about change, sparking the fire within those that are ready to move forward in their lives and make things happen for themselves. Because of this, it is a stone of resolution – aiding to bring the unresolved to completion.
Bird’s Eye Rhyolite helps one to discover and embrace their inner potential, knowing that you are on your right path and enjoy the process of your own growth & evolution. It helps you to see the bigger picture. In this support of inner acceptance and growth, it is also an excellent stone for meditation.
- The pattern of this stone was created by falling volcanic ash on a rainy day. The rain drops became trapped in between the layers of ash. as the water evaporated it left the circular pattern.
Known as the ‘Supreme Nurturer’, and acts as a reminder that one is not here, on this physical plane, just for oneself, but to bring joy and substance to others. It protects against negativity and helps one to be grounded to the stabilizing energies of the Earth. It balances the Yin Yang energies.
- Often worn by a Shaman to provide protection.
- Considered a sacred stone during the performance of, and adherence to, the ‘old ways’ of the Native America Indians.
- Amulets of Jasper were carved by the Egyptians with symbols and inscriptions from the Book of the Dead and buried with mummified remains for safe passage in the after life.
- It was highly utilized in many cultures for engraving cylinder seals, signet rings, and special talismans depicting astrological and religious images.
- It was the twelfth stone in the Breastplate of the Jewish High Priest, and the apostle Peter is supposed to have derived his name from Jasper, the rock upon which Christ would build his church.
- To the medieval world and the Native Americans, Jasper was “the rain bringer” and highly regarded as a stone for dowsing.
- Wear or carry Jasper to alleviate stress and induce tranquility