A copper carbonate mineral often found in massive form inter-grown with Malachite and other copper based minerals.
Hardness: 3.5 – 4
Chakra: Third Eye Heart
Found: Namibia; Bisbee, Arizona; Australia
Hardness: 3.5 – 4
Zodiac: Capricorn and Scorpio
Chakra: Solar Plexus, Heart
Found: Zaire, Australia, Chile, South Africa, and
Azurite/Malachite often grow together and are wonderful stones to have in a collection. Both Azurite and Malachite are soft copper carbonate minerals. More often it is found in massive form inter-grown with Malachite as a result of the weathering and oxidation of copper sulfide minerals.
Azurite is a soft stone named for its deep “azure blue” color. It is a copper carbonate mineral found in the upper oxidized portions of copper deposits. It is a secondary mineral formed by the action of carbonated water acting on copper-containing minerals. It has a vitreous luster – a glassy luster or sheen on a mineral surface. Over time, as it absorbs water, it changes into the mineral malachite. Thus, the two are found together, creating a brilliant deep blue stone with flashes of green or vice versa.
Malachite is a protection stone, absorbing negative energies and pollutants from the atmosphere and from the body. It guards against radiation of all kinds, clears electromagnetic pollution and heals earth energies. Keep near microwaves in the kitchen and televisions in living areas. In the workplace Malachite protects against noise, over-bright fluorescent lighting, and harmful rays from technological equipment, negative phone calls and emails.
Azurite-Malachite is an exceptional conductor of energy, bringing a grounded, more integrated process in healing physical dis-ease.
It may also be used to activate the Third Eye in cleansing the subconscious of emotionally charged thoughts or negative feelings, and restoring a higher and clearer mental state. It assists in dissolving egocentric traits, dispelling conceit, arrogance and vanity, and instills a willingness toward flexibility and individuality based on a universal connection to “All.” Azurite-Malachite’s combination of energies is highly conducive to meditation by allowing one to go deep within the self, without fear, in order to be sustained, absolved, and reborn into the light, completely aware of the genesis at all times.
The blue ray penetrates and moves energy, calming stress levels within the system while the green ray facilitates a deep healing force.
- Emanates the healthiest ray of green light for the heart.
- One of the most important stones for protection from negative energies, activates the psychic radar
- Increases luck; synchronicities
- Legends claim Azurite to be one of the most powerful healing stones in Atlantis where its psychic powers were so potent the secrets to its use were known only to priests. It became so shrouded in mystery many of its secrets are now thought to be lost.
- In ancient Egypt, Azurite was valued by high priests and priestesses to raise their awareness to a god-conscious state, using the pigment to paint the protective eye of Horus, the young sky god, on their foreheads.
- Ancient Romans, as well the Egyptians, used Azurite for greater insight, for visionary powers, and particularly for hypnosis
- Called Caeruleum by the ancient Greeks, Azurite was used in healing ceremonies.
- In many civilizations, it was considered a symbol of status.
- The ancient Chinese called Azurite the Stone of Heaven believing it opened celestial gateways
Azurite Malazhite activates the heart & 3rd eye chakras and supports loving expression of insights & visions. Opens one to higher guidance & inner discovery, and the heart to greater love & compassion. Great for intuitives & healers.