Turquoise is a healer of spirit and a balancer, inducing a sense of serenity and peace of mind. Good for self acceptance and forgiveness, and considered to be a very protective stone. It is used for healing on every continent. Ancient absorber of negativity and protector from the evil eye. It opens the throat chakra for communication, creativity, serenity, spiritual bonding. Strengthens and aligns all meridians, chakras and energy fields.
Turquoise is not only a stone for finding wholeness and truth; it is also an aid in the communication and manifestation of those qualities. Because it is a stone of wholeness, it is also beneficial to the overall well-being and soundness of one’s mood and emotions. It is balancing and induces a sense of serenity and peace. It teaches the wisdom of compassion and forgiveness and offers one the opportunity to experience the insight that enlightened selflessness is identical with kindness and generosity.
Turquoise is a copper aluminum phosphate mineral. Its beautiful blue is caused by the copper content and the green is caused by iron. It is possible that turquoise is the longest used stone with beads found in Iraq, dating back to 5,000 B.C. Turquoise is the national stone of Iran. Native Americans began to mine turquoise about 1,000 years ago and it has been found in burial sites sites from Argentina to New Mexico. The best deposits are in Iran, Afghanistan, Australia, Tibet and the southwest USA.
- If given a turquoise by a loving friend, that stone would protect the wearer from negative energy and bring good fortune. The turquoise is the symbol of friendship. It also brings peace to the home.
- This stone is a very personal and meaningful stone to one who wears it. Turquoise takes on the characteristics of the owner.
- This is a stone that a person must learn to attune to instead of the stone attuning to the person. It is important that the owner of a Turquoise give it the proper attention.
- The death mask of Tutankhamun was studded with Turquoise, as were the mosaic masks dedicated to the gods, the fabulous inlaid skulls, shields and power statues of Moctezuma, the last ruler of the Aztecs
- In both Hindu and Persian beliefs, seeing a Turquoise and the new moon at the same moment would lead to good fortune, protection from evil and/or an increase of wealth.
Overall wellness to ones being; Brings balance & peace. Imparts wisdom of compassion & forgiveness. Brings protection & good fortune to self & especially when gifted to loved ones.