Lately, we’ve had many lovely people arrive at the DG who are seeking help with how to manage their feelings around others – they feel drained, overwhelmed, or extremely frustrated. As human beings, we all go through this from time to time, and in varying degrees. Often, we are fully aware that a person is not intentionally trying to get under our skin, but we feel it nonetheless. If you identify as an Empath or a Highly Sensitive Person, you probably know these feelings well, since you can tend to take on others’ feelings as your own. You may already be tending to this proactively by working with protective stones like Black Tourmaline or Hematite. Maybe you carry a bit of Rose Quartz in your pocket to help you focus on unconditional love for yourself and others. Perhaps you have begun to wonder about working with a different stone or incorporating a new energy into your practice. We’re all seeking new tools on our journey to becoming a better human, right?
Enter Labradorite. This beautifully irridescent and popular stone is well known for both its ‘flash’ and its deeply magical gifts. The reason we mention it today, however, is because of its ability to protect and strengthen the aura. It acts as a shield, and enhances your own energies, while simultaneously bringing out the best in people.
Aligned with the Throat and the Ajna Chakras, Labradorite can be beneficial in helping you to work with those individuals with whom you are feeling agitated. (Let us remember also, in this process, that many times when we feel triggered by others, they are simply acting as a ‘mirror’; unknowingly fulfilling the purpose of showing us where we need to pay attention to our own actions, behaviors, or reactions.) Labradorite will act as a strong ally in healing these frustrations by helping you to speak your truth, supporting more beneficial communication, or helping you to view a situation or yourself a bit more gently. Both Blue and Purple Labradorite are essentially of the same vibration, but their color changes things just a bit. The brilliant turquoise hue of Blue Labradorite will be more aligned with the Throat Chakra, while Purple or Violet Labradorite will resonate more closely with the Third Eye Chakra and the Violet Flame.
We have lots of Labradorite here at the Dreaming Goddess; mini-stones for grid work, tumbled to carry on your person, palm stones for massage or meditation, pillars, slabs, spheres ~ whatever form feels good for you. Since we don’t all get breaks during the day, a Labradorite Pendant, Bracelet, or other piece of jewelry would be a practical and visual way to connect and harmonize with Labradorite’s energy all day long. (We’ve shown a few pieces here just for fun, but we have many other options at the DG as well.)
Keep reading to learn more about this Mystical Mineral.
5 More Reasons Why You Can Never Have Enough Labradorite
- It is the Gemstone of Magic ~ facilitating enhanced abilities in a multitude of ways.
- It raises one’s awareness of ‘coincidence’ helping us to be more perceptive of the synchronicities in our personal lives and the world at large.
- It promotes self-mastery and self-discovery. The visual appeal of Labradorite is that while it can sometimes appear almost dull, turn it just a bit… and there is a flash of brilliance, reminding us that even in the darkness, there is light – even when you yourself feel ‘dull’, your inner Soul Star is shining bright!
- Often referred to as ‘The Temple of the Stars,’ it is a powerful aid in Shamanic and Astral Journeys – supporting us as we enter the void or move between worlds/planes, and beyond the boundaries of our own knowing.
- Labradorite is THE New Moon Stone, aligning with the Divine Feminine and the Dark Moon. It is supportive of new beginnings, transformation, and the setting of intentions. This blue Moon stone loves to bathe in the energy of the Dark Moon ~ wear it during your New Moon Ritual to aid you in amplifying your intentions as you connect with the Divine Mysteries of the Cosmos.